Walnettos are yummy candies with caramel and crunchy walnuts. People have loved them for a long time because of their sweet, nutty taste. In this blog, I will share with you a Walnettos recipe that is extremely delicious.
What Walnettos Taste Like
When you eat Walnettos, you’ll taste creamy caramel and crunchy walnuts together. The sweet caramel goes well with the nutty flavour, making it heavenly and irresistible.
How Did I First Taste Walnettos?
I tried Walnettos at a cozy family gathering. Someone brought them as a special treat. I was curious, so I tried one, and it was magical. The caramel melted in my mouth, and the walnuts felt different but good.
When Was I First Introduced to Walnettos?
I discovered Walnettos a long time ago, during my childhood. There was a store in my neighbourhood that sold these candies, and I loved them from the start.
Ingredients To Make Walnettos
- Augason Farms Brown Sugar = 2 cups
- White Sugar = 2 cups
- Unsalted Butter = ¾ pound
- Karo Light Corn Syrup = 16 ounce
- Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk = 14 ounce
- Vanilla Extract = 2 teaspoon
- Fisher Chef’s Naturals Chopped Walnuts = 1 cup
How To Make Walnettos
In a big pot, mix sugars, butter, Karo syrup, and condensed milk.
Heat to 245 degrees with a candy thermometer.
Take off the heat, add nuts and vanilla.
Pour the mixture onto a greased pan.
Let it cool down by itself.
When it’s cold, cut into squares using kitchen shears.
Wrap each piece in non-stick wax paper.
What To Serve With Walnettos
You can enjoy Walnettos with:
Vanilla Ice Cream: The creamy sweetness of vanilla ice cream goes perfectly with the chewy and nutty Walnettos.
Hot Chocolate: On chilly days, have hot chocolate and enjoy the delicious Walnettos on the side.
Coffee: Have a cup of coffee with Walnettos, as the rich flavours of coffee go well with their sweetness.
For the best taste and texture:
- Use Fresh Walnuts: Use fresh and good-quality walnuts.
- Use a Candy Thermometer: If you make homemade Walnettos, use a candy thermometer to make sure the caramel is just right.
- Cutting Technique: When cutting homemade Walnettos, use a sharp knife dipped in hot water for cleaner cuts.
Are Walnettos Gluten-Free?
Yes, Walnettos are usually gluten-free, but check the label for allergens.
Can I Store Walnettos?
Yes, store them in a closed container in a cool, dry place to keep them fresh.
Can I Make Walnettos at Home?
Absolutely! There are easy recipes online to make your own delicious Walnettos.
Keep Walnettos away from sunlight and humidity. Store them in a sealed container at room temperature for up to three months.
More Amazing Recipes
- Sour Cream Fudge Recipe
- Isi Whipped Cream Recipe
- Ina Garten Shortbread Cookies Recipe
- Panocha Recipe
Walnettos are a delightful treat enjoyed by many. Whether alone or with other treats, their sweet caramel and walnut combo will leave you wanting more. Don’t wait—try these lovely candies and enjoy their nutty goodness. Happy indulging!
- 2 cups Augason Farms Brown Sugar =
- 2 cups White Sugar =
- ¾ pound Unsalted Butter =
- 16 ounce Karo Light Corn Syrup =
- 14 ounce Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk =
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract =
- 1 cup Fisher Chef's Naturals Chopped Walnuts =
- In a big pot, mix sugars, butter, Karo syrup, and condensed milk.
- Heat to 245 degrees with a candy thermometer.
- Take off the heat, add nuts and vanilla.
- Pour the mixture onto a greased pan.
- Let it cool down by itself.
- When it's cold, cut into squares using kitchen shears.
- Wrap each piece in non-stick wax paper.