Are you looking for a pizza that’s more than just a pie? Say hello to New Haven Style Pizza Recipe, a slice of heaven! If you’ve never heard of it, don’t worry; I’ll spill the saucy details.
It’s all about thin, crispy crust, charred to perfection, and topped with simple, fresh ingredients. Simplicity at its best!
How Does New Haven Style Pizza Taste Like
Picture this: a crispy, slightly chewy crust kissed by a hot oven’s flames. It’s like a pizza party in your mouth! The secret sauce is not so secret—it’s a tomato sauce that’s got a little kick.
And the toppings? Typically, you’ll find a few classics like mozzarella, clams, or some savoury bacon. It’s a flavour explosion!
How did I first taste New Haven Style Pizza?
I stumbled upon this pizza wonderland on a road trip. It was a cozy little pizzeria in New Haven, Connecticut, where the locals raved about their hometown pizza.
Skeptical but curious, I took my first bite and was instantly hooked. It was like pizza had been reinvented!
Ingredients To Make New Haven Style Pizza
- Flour = 747 g
- water (room temperature) = 508 g
- Sea salt = 16.81 g
- Dry Yeast (instant) = 3.74 g
How To Make New Haven Style Pizza
Step by step instructions:
Use a stand mixer with dough hook attachments. Gradually add flour, water, sea salt, and yeast.
Turn on the mixer at the lowest setting. Mixing takes about 3 to 4 minutes.
Allow the dough to rest for 18 minutes for a smooth texture. Turn off the mixer.
Dust the work surface with flour to prevent sticking. Flour your hands and the dough.
Cut the dough into three 427-gram balls using a dough cutter.
Shape each dough ball by pulling the edges under to create a smooth ball.
Spray oil in a container. Place the dough inside. For a longer rise, refrigerate for one day, then let it sit at room temperature for 25-35 minutes before using.
Is New Haven Style Pizza spicy?
The sauce has a bit of zing, but it won’t set your mouth on fire. It’s more like a flavorful wake-up call for your taste buds.
Can I order New Haven Style Pizza outside of New Haven?
Absolutely! Many pizzerias have embraced this style, so you might find it in your town.
- Keep it Simple: Don’t overload your pizza with toppings. Less is more in New Haven Style Pizza.
- Fresh Ingredients: Use the freshest ingredients you can find.
Delicious Sides To Eat With New Haven Style Pizza
- Garlic Knots: These little bites of garlicky goodness are perfect for dipping in extra sauce.
- Salad: A crisp, green salad with a zesty vinaigrette balances out the richness of the pizza.
- Fried Calamari: If you’re feeling fancy, a plate of crispy calamari rings adds a touch of indulgence.
- Have you got leftovers? No worries! Wrap your pizza slices in foil and pop them in the fridge. To reheat, throw them in a hot oven for a few minutes, and they’ll taste almost as good as fresh.
More Amazing Recipes
New Haven Style Pizza isn’t just a pizza; it’s an experience. The crispy crust, the robust sauce, and the carefully chosen toppings create a flavour symphony that’s hard to resist.
Whether you’re a pizza lover or a newbie, this style will leave a lasting impression. So, give it a try, and let your taste buds embark on a delicious journey. Your pizza adventure starts now!
New Haven Style Pizza Recipe
- 747 g Flour
- 508 g water (room temperature)
- 16.81 g Sea salt
- 3.74 g Dry Yeast (instant)
- Use a stand mixer with dough hook attachments. Gradually add flour, water, sea salt, and yeast.
- Turn on the mixer at the lowest setting. Mixing takes about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Allow the dough to rest for 18 minutes for a smooth texture. Turn off the mixer.
- Dust the work surface with flour to prevent sticking. Flour your hands and the dough.
- Cut the dough into three 427-gram balls using a dough cutter.
- Shape each dough ball by pulling the edges under to create a smooth ball.
- Spray oil in a container. Place the dough inside. For a longer rise, refrigerate for one day, then let it sit at room temperature for 25-35 minutes before using.