Are you ready to enjoy a bowl of warmth and comfort? Let’s talk about the Machine Shed Potato Soup recipe. It’s a classic favorite that feels like a big, cozy hug for your taste buds. This soup is a staple that always brings smiles to the table. In this blog, we’ll explore the creamy goodness of this soup, I’ll share when I first fell in love with it, and I’ll even show you how to make it at home. So, let’s grab a spoon and start!
What is Machine Shed Potato Soup?
Imagine being in a cozy kitchen that smells amazing. That’s what Machine Shed Potato Soup is all about. This soup is full of joy and made with simple things that taste really good together. It’s like a symphony of flavors with potatoes, onions, bacon, and a little magic. It’s the kind of food that makes you feel warm and happy, especially on chilly days.
How Does Machine Shed Potato Soup Taste?
Think about your favorite flavors dancing on your tongue. Creamy potatoes that feel like they’re melting, a hint of smoky bacon that adds something special, and sweet onions that balance everything perfectly. Every bite is like a journey through different textures and flavors, and you’ll want to keep eating more.
When Did I First Try Machine Shed Potato Soup
I first tried this amazing soup on a cold winter day. A friend shared it with me, and I was hooked from the first taste. It made me feel all warm inside, and I couldn’t forget how yummy it was. That’s when I started loving this cozy soup.
Ingredients To Make Machine Shed Potato Soup
- Red Potatoes = 2 ½ Cup
- Vegetable Oil = ½ Cup
- Raw Bacon = 1 Cup
- All-Purpose Flour = 1 Cup
- Onions and Celery Each = ½ Cup
- Chicken Stock = 1 Cup
- Black Pepper and Salt Each = 2 teaspoon
- Heavy Cream = 1 Cup
- Parsley & Rue Each = 1 tablespoon
How To Make Machine Shed Potato Soup
Make stove warm on medium. Put pan and oil for 1 min.
Cook bacon for 5 mins.
Mix flour with bacon for 5 mins. Then, stop.
Cook onion, and celery for 5 mins in another pan.
Warm bacon roux, add chicken stock and stir for 10 mins.
Put salt, pepper, season roux. Boil 5 mins.
Mix boiled potatoes in roux, and stir for 1 min.
Add heavy cream and rue. Stir for 5 mins, low heat.
Soup’s ready to eat. Enjoy it!
Can I make it without meat?
Yes, just skip the bacon and use vegetable broth.
Can I keep the extra soup for later?
Absolutely, put it in a container and keep it in the fridge for up to three months.
Can I make it thinner?
Of course, add more broth to make it lighter.
- Choose Good Potatoes: Pick potatoes that are good for making soup.
- Make the Bacon Crunchy: If you like, make the bacon really crispy.
- Add Fresh Herbs: Chopped chives or parsley can make it taste even better.
What Can You Eat with Machine Shed Potato Soup?
Here are some tasty things you can enjoy with this soup:
- Warm Garlic Bread: Bread that’s crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Fresh Garden Salad: A salad that’s fresh and goes well with creamy soup.
- Yummy Cheese Biscuits: Biscuits with cheese that are great for dipping.
- Tasty Grilled Cheese Sandwich: A sandwich with melted cheese that’s really comforting.
If you have leftovers, don’t worry! Put them in the fridge for up to three days. Warm it up gently when you want to eat it again.
More Amazing Recipes
- Cream Of Mushroom Soup Gravy Recipe
- Bertucci’s Sausage Soup Recipe
- Demos Chicken And Rice Soup Recipe
- Hale and Hearty Soup Recipe
Machine Shed Potato Soup is more than just food. It’s like taking a journey to a warm and cozy place. It’s a reminder that simple things can taste amazing. So, whether it’s snowing outside or you’re having a nice family meal, make this soup to spread warmth and happiness.
So, that’s the story of Machine Shed Potato Soup. It’s not just a recipe; it’s a story you can share. Get your family and friends together, scoop out the deliciousness, and enjoy this heartwarming soup that will give you happy memories.
Machine Shed Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 ½ Cup Red Potatoes
- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Raw Bacon
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Onions and Celery Each
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock
- 2 teaspoon Black Pepper and Salt Each
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Parsley & Rue Each
- Make stove warm on medium. Put pan and oil for 1 min.
- Cook bacon for 5 mins.
- Mix flour with bacon for 5 mins. Then, stop.
- Cook onion, and celery for 5 mins in another pan.
- Warm bacon roux, add chicken stock and stir for 10 mins.
- Put salt, pepper, season roux. Boil 5 mins.
- Mix boiled potatoes in roux, and stir for 1 min.
- Add heavy cream and rue. Stir for 5 mins, low heat.
- Soup's ready to eat. Enjoy it!