Let’s talk about pasta, a tasty treat that many enjoy. But what if you need to be careful about the salt you eat? Don’t worry! We’re going on a journey to learn about something yummy—Low Sodium Pasta Sauce Recipe. This special sauce is for people who want to eat less salt and stay healthy.
What is low sodium pasta sauce?
Imagine this: a pasta sauce that keeps all the yummy flavors but doesn’t have too much salt. Low sodium Pasta Sauce is for those who want to watch how much salt they eat. It has fresh things like vegetables and tangy tomatoes. This sauce tastes great and is good for you.
How does low sodium pasta sauce Taste?
Think of a mix of good tastes, like the flavor of tomatoes. Each time you take a bite, you’ll taste herbs and a bit of sweet, but not too much salt. It’s a mix of flavors that make your mouth happy.
When was I first introduced to low sodium pasta sauce
I first tried this sauce by luck. A friend who cares about eating healthy foods introduced me to it during a cozy dinner. The taste was a big surprise—it showed me that healthy choices can also taste really good.
Ingredients To Make Low Sodium Pasta Sauce
- Olive oil = 3 tablespoons
- Onion diced = 1 medium
- Garlic minced = 4 cloves
- Tomato paste no salt added = 6 ounce
- Tomatoes diced = 14.5-ounce
- Dry red wine = 6 ounce
- Water = 1 cup
- Oregano dried = 1 teaspoon
- Dried basil = 1 tablespoon
- Dried parsley = 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper = 1/2 teaspoon
- Crushed red pepper flakes = 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt = 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar = 1 teaspoon
- Red wine vinegar = 1 teaspoon
How To Make Low Sodium Pasta Sauce
Step by step instructions:
Put olive oil in a big pot on medium-high heat.
Add onion. Cook till soft, around 5 minutes.
Add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds till it smells good.
Add tomato paste. Stir 1-2 minutes till color gets deep.
Add diced tomatoes, wine, water, spices, salt, sugar. Let it simmer for 30 minutes, stir sometimes.
If you want, you can use a blender to make it smoother.
Add vinegar. Put more if you like!
Your flavorful tomato sauce is ready. Enjoy it!
Does low sodium pasta sauce taste boring?
No, it has lots of natural flavors that make it tasty.
Can I use it in other foods?
Yes, you can use it in different dishes, not just pasta.
Where can I buy it?
You can find it in the sauce section at your local grocery store.
- Use Fresh Ingredients: Choose ripe tomatoes for the best taste.
- Try Different Herbs: Experiment with herbs like basil, oregano, and thyme to make it taste even better.
- Cook Slowly: Let the sauce cook slowly to make the flavors really nice.
What to Enjoy with Low Sodium Pasta Sauce:
- Garlic Bread: This is bread with garlic, which goes well with the sauce.
- Side Salad: A mix of fresh veggies and greens.
- Grilled Veggies: Colorful vegetables that are lightly cooked.
Keep it fresh by putting it in a container with a lid in the fridge. It will still taste good for up to a week.
More Amazing Recipes
- Creole Dipping Sauce Recipe
- Kings Inn Tartar Sauce Recipe
- Taco Bell Fire Sauce Recipe
- Herdez Cooking Sauce Recipe
Low Sodium Pasta Sauce is a special sauce that’s really good to use in cooking. It shows us that we can make healthy choices and still enjoy yummy food. With tasty flavors and a promise of a good meal, this sauce is a great addition to our pasta adventures. So, go ahead and enjoy the taste and staying healthy, one bite at a time.
Low Sodium Pasta Sauce Recipe
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 6 ounce Tomato paste no salt added
- 14.5- ounce Tomatoes diced
- 6 ounce Dry red wine
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Oregano dried
- 1 tablespoon Dried basil
- 1 tablespoon Dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Red wine vinegar
- Put olive oil in a big pot on medium-high heat.
- Add onion. Cook till soft, around 5 minutes.
- Add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds till it smells good.
- Add tomato paste. Stir 1-2 minutes till color gets deep.
- Add diced tomatoes, wine, water, spices, salt, sugar. Let it simmer for 30 minutes, stir sometimes.
- If you want, you can use a blender to make it smoother.
- Add vinegar. Put more if you like!
- Your flavorful tomato sauce is ready. Enjoy it!