Are you ready for a yummy adventure? I’m going to tell you all about Howard Johnson Chicken Croquettes recipe – they’re like crispy, golden nuggets of deliciousness. People have been enjoying them for a long time. If you love chicken or want a quick, tasty meal, these croquettes are perfect.
What Are Howard Johnson Chicken Croquettes?
Let’s start with the basics. Howard Johnson Chicken Croquettes are like little flavour explosions in a crispy, golden shell. They’re made from tender chicken pieces, mixed with special spices, and covered in crunchy breadcrumbs. You can have them as a snack, for family dinners, or at parties – everyone loves them!
How Does Howard Johnson Chicken Croquettes Taste?
If you’re curious about the taste, let me tell you – they are packed with flavour! The outside is crispy, and the inside is savoury and delicious. Imagine a burst of chicken goodness with just the right spices. It’s the best comfort food, and that’s why people still love them.
My First Time Trying Howard Johnson Chicken Croquettes
I remember the first time I tried one. It was at a cute diner during a road trip. When they brought the plate with those golden nuggets, the smell was amazing. The first bite was like a tasty symphony in my mouth. I became a fan instantly. Since then, I always look for them when I’m on the road.
Ingredients To Make Howard Johnson Chicken Croquettes
- Chopped cooked chicken = 2 cups
- Eggs = 2
- Bread crumbs
- Butter = 2 Tablespoons
- Flour = 2 Tablespoons
- Milk = 1 cup
- Salt = 1/2 teaspoon
- Paprika = 1/8 teaspoon
- Black pepper = 1/8 teaspoon
- Fresh parsley (chopped) = 1 Tablespoon
How To Make Howard Johnson Chicken Croquettes
In a saucepan, melt butter, mix in flour, and slowly add milk while stirring. Cook until it becomes thick.
Make six chicken balls from the chopped cooked chicken. Put each ball on wax paper.
Squish each ball into a flat patty and dip it in the egg mix. Cover with breadcrumbs.
Put them on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until they turn golden and are cooked. Then, enjoy!
How do I warm up leftover croquettes?
Just pop them in the oven for a bit to make them crispy again.
Do kids like them?
Yes, kids really enjoy these tasty chicken bites!
Now, let’s talk about making your own Howard Johnson Chicken Croquettes at home. Here are some helpful tips:
- Use boneless chicken – it’s easier.
- Season the chicken mixture well.
- Try different breadcrumbs like seasoned or panko for extra crunch.
What Goes Well With Howard Johnson Chicken Croquettes
Wondering what to eat with your croquettes? Here are some good choices:
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes: They’re nice and creamy with crispy croquettes.
- Buttery Corn on the Cob: Sweet and savoury, a tasty combo.
- Simple Coleslaw: A fresh side to balance the rich croquettes.
- Steamed Broccoli: A bit of green and crunch for a healthy touch.
- If you happen to have leftovers (which is rare in my house), put them in an airtight container in the fridge. To make them crispy again, use an oven or toaster oven.
More Amazing Recipes
- Creole Dipping Sauce Recipe
- Kings Inn Tartar Sauce Recipe
- Arby’s Bronco Berry Sauce Recipe
- Dave’s Hot Chicken Sauce Recipe
In the world of tasty food, Howard Johnson Chicken Croquettes are a big hit. I love them, and I hope you will too. Whether you have them at a diner, try making them at home, or just remember the good times, these crispy, yummy croquettes are a classic. Go ahead and enjoy your own chicken croquette adventure – it’s a delicious journey you won’t want to miss!
Howard Johnson Chicken Croquettes Recipe
- 2 cups Chopped cooked chicken
- 2 Eggs
- Bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh parsley (chopped)
- In a saucepan, melt butter, mix in flour, and slowly add milk while stirring. Cook until it becomes thick.
- Make six chicken balls from the chopped cooked chicken. Put each ball on wax paper.
- Squish each ball into a flat patty and dip it in the egg mix. Cover with breadcrumbs.
- Put them on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until they turn golden and are cooked. Then, enjoy!