Are you looking for a tasty bowl of chili? Well, Diners Drive Ins and Dives chili recipe is just the thing. You might have seen it on TV, and it’s a favourite among many people. It’s the kind of food that warms your heart with each bite.
How Does Diners Drive Ins and Dives Chili Taste?
This chili tastes really good. It’s a mix of flavours – a bit spicy, meaty, and a hint of smokiness. It has ground beef, beans, and some secret spices that make it really tasty. It’s not too spicy, so even kids can enjoy it.
When Did I First Try Diners Drive Ins and Dives Chili?
I first discovered this chili while watching Diners Drive Ins and Dives on TV. When I saw Guy Fieri enjoying it, I knew I had to try it too. Since then, it’s been a regular dish at our dinner table.
Ingredients To Make Diners Drive Ins And Dives Chili
- De Arvol Pepper = 2
- Ancho Chile Pepper = 2
- Guajillo Chile Pepper = 2
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil = 2 tablespoon
- Sweet Onion = 1 Medium
- Garlic Cloves = 4
- Red Bell Pepper = 1
- Fresno Chile Pepper = 1
- Anaheim Chile Pepper = 1
- Beef Chuck Roast (Cubed) = 1/2 Pound
- Ground Beef = 1/2 Pound
- All-purpose Flour = 2 tablespoon
- Chili Powder = 3 tablespoon
- Cumin Powder = 2 tablespoon
- Black Pepper = 1/2 tablespoon
- Cayenne Pepper = 1/2 tablespoon
- Mexican Beer = 12 Ounce
- Beef Stock = 1/2 quarts
- Kosher Salt = 1 tablespoon
- Cilantro = 1/4 cup
How To Make Diners Drive Ins And Dives Chili
Toast dried chiles for 2 minutes on medium-high heat.
Steam toasted chiles in hot water for 15 minutes, then make a smooth paste.
Heat the stove to medium-high; cook onions, garlic, and peppers for 7 minutes until they look clear.
Put in cubed beef and ground beef; cook for 8 minutes until they turn brown.
Add seasonings and flour; cook for 2 minutes until it smells great.
Mix in the paste, beef stock, and salt; make it boil.
Lower the heat, partly cover it, and let it simmer for at least 2 hours.
Enjoy your tasty chilli!
Is it too spicy?
No, it’s just the right amount of spicy.
Can I make it vegetarian?
Yes, you can skip the meat and add more beans.
What’s the secret ingredient?
Well, that’s a secret, but it’s what makes it taste so good.
- Cook the beef until it’s brown for more flavour.
- Let it simmer on low heat for at least an hour.
- You can adjust the spiciness to your liking.
What Can You Eat with Diners Drive Ins and Dives Chili
- Enjoy it with warm, buttery cornbread.
- Add a spoonful of sour cream and some shredded cheese.
- Freshly chopped onions and jalapeños can add some extra flavour.
- Use crispy tortilla chips for scooping.
- A side salad can bring a fresh touch to your meal.
If you have leftovers, don’t worry. You can keep them in a sealed container in the fridge for up to three days. It might even taste better the next day.
More Amazing Recipes
- Creole Dipping Sauce Recipe
- Ben’s Chili Bowl Recipe
- Howard Johnson Chicken Croquettes Recipe
- Dave’s Hot Chicken Sauce Recipe
Diners Drive Ins and Dives chili is the ultimate comfort food. It’s easy to make, and everyone loves it. So, put on your apron, make a batch, and enjoy the deliciousness. Your taste buds will be very happy!
Diners Drive Ins and Dives Chili Recipe
- 2 De Arvol Pepper
- 2 Ancho Chile Pepper
- 2 Guajillo Chile Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Fresno Chile Pepper
- 1 Anaheim Chile Pepper
- 1/2 Pound Beef Chuck Roast (Cubed)
- 1/2 Pound Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoon All-purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 12 Ounce Mexican Beer
- 1/2 quarts Beef Stock
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Cilantro =
- Toast dried chiles for 2 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Steam toasted chiles in hot water for 15 minutes, then make a smooth paste.
- Heat the stove to medium-high; cook onions, garlic, and peppers for 7 minutes until they look clear.
- Put in cubed beef and ground beef; cook for 8 minutes until they turn brown.
- Add seasonings and flour; cook for 2 minutes until it smells great.
- Mix in the paste, beef stock, and salt; make it boil.
- Lower the heat, partly cover it, and let it simmer for at least 2 hours.
- Enjoy your tasty chilli!